Child Safety Make it Safe
At CVBlinds we place paramount importance on Child Safety in our homes, aiming to ensure the potential hazards posed by unrestrained cords and chains are understood and eliminated. In line with legislation, we have carefully considered each blind on an individual basis, to ensure child safety is an essential feature.
The home should be a place where children are safe and protected. As part of our compliance with these regulations all blinds have built in safety mechanism to help to reduce the risk of an accident and to make sure that our blinds are out of reach of children, all the chains and cords provided with our products will be made at a maximum length of one meter. Children naturally love to climb, explore and play and the possible risks may not be immediately obvious.
General advice and tips:
Children want to explore the world around them which means many household products including blinds could pose a risk for them. Be aware that unrestrained cords, braids, loop chains and wires could be hazardous to young children.
- Window blind cords and chains must be kept out of reach of babies and small children to avoid the risk of strangulation and entanglement.
- Move chairs, beds and cots and any other furniture away from your windows and blinds so that children cannot climb up and reach cords
- Do not tie cords together
- Make sure that cords do not twist and create a loop.
- When buying a new blind make sure it has a built in safety device.
- Install your blinds and safety devices according to the correct installation instructions to reduce the risk of an accident.